Bluedot is a location platform that provides an accurate and simple geofencing platform for apps. After integrating the Bluedot SDK and setting geofences, customer’s can create personalised location-based experiences for their users.
mParticle is a customer data platform that unifies customer data in one place and connects it to 175+ leading marketing, analytics, and data warehousing solutions.
Through this integration, Bluedot’s first-party, accurate, and privacy compliant location data can be connected and utilised across all of the platform and apps supported by mParticle.
Integration Architecture Diagram
Before you begin the integration please ensure you have an active customer account with both Bluedot & mParticle.
- Decide on the custom data you’ll be passing from Bluedot Entry/Exit (can also be called Check-in and Check-out Event) Events to mParticle:
- Custom Event Metadata (max.20)
- Custom Zone Data (max.20)
- Integrate the Bluedot SDK within your mobile app:
- iOS integration guide
- Android integration guide
- Add a Bluedot integration to your mParticle account, as laid out in mParticle’s documentation.
- Add your mParticle iOS and/or Android publishable API keys and secrets to the Project via the Integrations section in Canvas.
Once these steps are done, the integration is ready to go. Simply enter a geofence with a mobile device to trigger the Zone.
Custom Attributes / Sending events to mParticle
Custom attributes can be passed along to mParticle as key/ value pairs in Bluedot’s Custom Event Metadata by prepending the key with
An example will be:
mparticle_customer_id : "<your mparticle customer id>",
mparticle_another_custom_field : "another value",
At least one of
user_dentities listed in mParticle’s documentation with the
mparticle_ fields must be included in the CustomEventMetaData in order to push events to mParticle.
The custom event metadata is not persisted across SDK sessions. If the SDK is logged out the custom event metadata is cleared by the SDK. We suggest setting the custom data every time the SDK is authenticated in the app.
More information on best practices of setting and using custom event metadata can be found here.
Integration Fields: Type & Character Length setup
Event Custom Attributes
If you have any technical issues or questions you please use email@example.com to reach out to our Melbourne-based Engineering team.