iOS SDK version 15.0.0,
Android SDK version 1.13.3,
Point Access UI
version 1.11.0 released.
Searching for points of interest and setting up geographic boundaries around them in a scalable way can be a challenge if it is not automated.
The Bluedot Places service enables customers to search for up to date points of interest anywhere in the world and create Bluedot Zones around them programmatically. It simplifies and automates the creation and management of Zones in use cases where an automatic creation of Zones around a large number of points of interest is desirable.
Every convenience store in New York, United States
Let’s say that you’re looking to track in-store visits to convenience stores in New York State. All you need to do is to request a Lookup with location “New York, United States” and type “convenience_store“. The execution of the lookup takes a few minutes and returns 7000+ places in the results. The results can then be used to automatically create Bluedot Zones around the convenience stores.
Every Mexican restaurant in San Francisco, California, United States
If you want to track check-ins for Mexican restaurants in San Francisco City you need to request a Lookup with the location as “San Francisco, California, United States“, type as “restaurant” and keyword as “mexican“. The execution of the lookup takes a few minutes and returns 800+ place in the results. The results can then be used to automatically create Bluedot Zones around the restaurants.
Every train station in Victoria, Australia
If you want to track check-ins for all the train commuters in the state of Victoria in Australia, you need to request a Lookup with the location as “Victoria, Australia“, and type as “train_station“. The execution of the lookup takes a few minutes and returns 600+ place results. The results can then be used to automatically create Bluedot Zones around the train stations.
To request a lookup, you will need to purchase Bluedot Places searches. Each executed lookup would consume searches. To purchase Bluedot Places searches, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places lookup flow
Once you have purchased searches, you will be able to request a Places lookup. The process flow for requesting a lookup and creating zones from the request is as follows.
- Request for a lookup using the POST Create lookup request.
- If you wish to update an existing, not executed lookup you can do so with the POST Edit Lookup request.
- Once you have finalized the lookup you can execute it by calling a GET Execute Lookup request.
- The results of the lookup can take up to 10 mins based on the size of the location. The lookup status can be viewed by requesting the GET Lookup request.
- Completed lookup results can be viewed by requesting the paginated GET Lookup Results request.
- To create Zones from the results on Point Access, send a POST Create Lookup Zones request.
iOS SDK version 15.0.0,