Point Access UI
version 1.11.0 released.
Android – Build and run the Minimal Integration Example
The Minimal Integration Example demonstrates the Point SDK integrated into an application. It showcases the minimum integration points to run the Point SDK and receive Application Notifications, and illustrates how to request the required Location Services permissions.
GitHub repository: Minimal Integration Example
Once the project has been downloaded and imported into Android Studio, please follow the steps below to complete the setup of the project:
- Fill in and submit the Free Demo form.
- We’ll reach out within 48 hours and help you set up an account.
- Once your account is activated, log into the Point Access Dashboard.
- A new app can be created at any stage by selecting ‘+New App’ in the drop-down menu at the top of the Dashboard.
- Download the latest Android Point SDK from the ‘Downloads’ section of the Dashboard (further developer resources can also be found here). The Point SDK file can also be downloaded via the links in the email that confirms account registration has been completed.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the JAR file to the libs folder.
It is suggested the app package be renamed to match the Bluedot package name that has been set up in your account via Point Access.